“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
Hebrews 11:1 KJV
Having faith is very important to a creative. I pray over my platforms everyday in hopes of growth, understanding, and more knowledge into my field. One of my goals in life, is to have a closer relationship with God. In doing so, I’m learning to have faith that if I bring my troubles and problems to Him, he will give me solutions and ease my worries. Today I’m sharing how you can grow by having faith!
So my very first tip? P.U.S.H, pray until something happens. You have to understand that what you’re praying for may not exactly be in Gods will for you. Pray for what you want, and work towards it of course. If you see you’re being guided elsewhere take that as a sign that maybe this is not where you’re meant to be. And God possibly has a greater vision for you.
Set Realistic Goals
By having realistic goals and doing your best to check each one off you are setting yourself in motion to achieve bigger life long goals!
Celebrate the Journey
My last tip is to celebrate your journey at all stages. For my YouTube goals I celebrated every single special achievement. First follower? Rewarded myself with a special pamper night. 10 subbies another reward and so on. The same with my blogging goals. Celebrating all the way to my long term goals makes me feel accomplished. It also lets me have mini reminders that what I’m praying and working towards is obtainable and within my reach. Instagram ~Twitter ~Vliz: MelaLynnTV~ YouTube
I was the mother of one beautiful little girl for well over 4 years before I found out I was pregnant with my son. It was smooth sailing all through my pregnancy and the first 7-9 months of my son being born…. then all hell let out. Those blogs and articles that tell you that life with children is super easy and manageable ? All LIES. I’m here to tell you the reality of having two children.
When it was me and my daughter, going to the car on a rainy day was simple. Umbrella in one hand and carry her and whatever purse I had in the other. Life was great. Now, it’s a hassle. If I want to get myself and both kids in the car without being soaked it’s just much simpler to strap one in then come back in the house for the other and the rest of my belongings. But then it hits me… if I take the baby first, he’ll cry until I get back (which I’m pretty sure is a form of abuse). And if I take Kay (my daughter) first, she’ll play with all the knobs in the car and have the radio blasting when I finally get in to turn the car on. There’s no winning solution.
Want to successfully go to the market on your own just you and the kids? Dead mission. Having to worry if the baby will pull stuff off the shelves or worry as Kay walks off to find her favorite food of the week drives me mad! Then, all my apartment living babes will agree, having to carry a baby and bags into my 3rd story apartment is not easy! Then when I get the first batch of bags in the house, who’s there to watch the kids while I go get the rest? No one. I’m on my own. I have the option to leave my wonderful distructive and adventurous children by themselves while I run downstairs, or take them both with me to ensure no one leaves out or destroys my house. Y’all know what I choose.
Want to put one of your children to bed to spend more one on one time with the other? Not gonna happen! The second my daughter realizes the baby and myself are not with her she goes searching. And the moment I lay the baby down and do anything with Kay? Y’all guessed it. His eyes pop open. Again a lose lose situation!
Moral of this post? It’s not easy. Two children unless they are of similar age is not easy. But one thing I can tell you? It’s worth it and so much fun! Running through the market chasing my son, or yelling around the market for Kay, a mess a whole mess… but fun. These are memories we are creating. Even though, at first you may break down. You may feel defeated. But I promise you, from my experience thus far , it’s worth it and you will have a hell of a story to tell your children as they get older!
Thank you for stopping by!
~Let’s Keep In Touch~
• YouTube 🎥
In my January Favorites I shared how I had been loving watching HGTVs Love it or List it, and it made me think that I should also share what I’ve been loving on Netflix as many people have been opting out of cable for these subscriptions. As a SAHM I typically don’t have much time to watch Netflix unless I’m folding laundry or washing dishes but I love having the option of being able to watch programs I love whenever I want! So here are a few shows/movies I love on Netflix!
- American Horror Story
- This series is literally the love of my life! Murder House(season 1) alone justifies giving the show a chance. I will say if you’re not into blood, gore and scary situations this may not be the show for you.
2. The L Word
- I ran across this series totally by accident. But the drama, the suspense and how real the show seems sucked me in after 2 episodes! The ladies in this show are phenomenal and I’m so upset there wasn’t another season!
3. Brotherly Love
- This movie took my breath away! The plot twist will literally leave you SHOOK! If i’m just looking for a movie to watch it’s typically this one. I’d be so embarrassed if I could tell you how many times I’ve rewatched this movie!
- I cannot tell you what actually happens at the end of this movie, even after watching it 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 times. The plot twist will have you questioning everything that happened!
- This documentary is super controversial, but a must watch. As an African American mother it definitely opened my eyes.
6. Time Lapse
- Again, this movie will leave you SHOOK! I still get upset watching the end.
7. Honey Trap
- Love makes you do crazy things, this movie is proof to that!
8. Amber Alert
- Triggering if you have children, but worth a watch. What someone will do for a loved one is limitless!
9. Luke Cage
- This series is everything!! If you’re into comics, this will be a show for you.
- could you imagine being deaf and having a murderer breaking into your house? Give this a watch!
What are your favorite shows or movies to watch on Netflix?
Lets keep in touch on our social accounts!