As I’m sure you all can tell by now I’m OBSESSED with makeup. But what’s more important than beautiful makeup application? Great skin care. I’ve recently been taking more of an effort in taking care of my skin in hopes that maybe one day hopefully, I wont feel like I NEED foundation. That is the goal I’ve set myself with no date of course since there is so much that goes along to have flawless skin. For one you need to drink a lot of water and have a healthy balanced diet. As they say, you are what you eat and I truly believe that. So lets jump right into the post.
First things first, I have oily/combination skin. My T-zone is always oily but the remainder of my face is fairly dry. So in all future skin care posts I’m only able to vouch for what works for me and my specific skin type.
- I use coconut oil to remove any makeup, or residual makeup from the day.
Benefits of Coconut oil
- Can help reduce risk of bacterial infection
- Can reduce facial wrinkles by penetrating deep into the skin and ensuring timely repair of the collagen layer
2. Use Neutrogena naturals Purifying Pore Scrub ($6.29) with my Olay PROx Scrub Brush
- Gentle scrub for mild exfoliation
- Cleansing agents help remove excess oils
3. Rinse with warm water
4. Pat dry with towel
- Rubbing freshly exfoliated skin can cause irritation
5. Unscented Beard Oil by Beard Necessities ($15)
Before I get into the benefits of this oil, I know what you’re thinking. “Beard oil?” Girl YES. This was a random discovery. My fiance is in the process of growing his beard out so he was purchasing a ton of products to see what worked and didn’t work for him. Me deciding he was taking up way too much bathroom counter space with products he wasn’t even using decided to toss out some products. In doing this I found this oil, read the ingredients label and was floored with how many amazing oils were in it! Back to the post…
- Grapeseed oil- Rich in vitamin D,C, and E. Fatty acids also help with anti wrinkle and prevention of acne and aging.
- Argan oil- Balances skins natural oil production.
- Jojoba oil- Minimizes skin pores size
- Rosemary extract- Has powerful disinfectant and antiseptic properties that help in treating acne and oily skin conditions
6. Apply Sunscreen
- Helps protect skin from harmful sun rays
- Childrens sunscreen is easier on sensitive skin
And that concludes my daily skin care routine! Every Sunday i try to do a face mask to rejuvenate the skin for the upcoming week. I’m still learning about what does and doesn’t work for my skin.
Is there a toner you recommend? Let’s talk skin care in the comments!
As always thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
Lets keep in touch on my socials!
Also, feel free to catch up on my previous post Here!